Friday 23 September 2011

I got an offer!!

I attend a job interview on last Wednesday (14 September 2011). I received a phone call from their HR on Monday, 2 days before the interview. I did not expect to get this interview since I’ve not sent any application to them recently. They actually got my contact number from my current employee. 

So, I prepare myself for the interview. Read some procedures and scope of work of the offered post, refresh myself on my previous and current job scope, get some HR related possible questions, wear proper attire and so on. Not to be forgotten, preparing my latest resume complete with supporting document such as certificates. To conclued, I pray to Allah that everything will be smooth and may success will be mine.

I arrived about one hour before the interview scheduled to begin. After getting permission to enter their premise, I headed to their HR office, as I was told where the interview will be. After meeting one of their staff, they offer me a seat and I was required to fill in an application form. Well, this is standard for almost every company. My turn came about after about 20 minutes of waiting. There were two interviewers, the HR Manager and the Department Manager.

The interview went well. The discussion were mainly focusing on activities that I’ve performed through out my 6 years of working. It took about less then 30 minutes to finish. Since I was not expecting this job interview, so I was not hoping so much to be accepted. Furthermore, I just started working for a new company about 3 months ago.

A week later (which is yesterday), I received a phone call from their HR informing me that I’ve been accepted. Alhamdulillah… OK, it was a relief to hear that but the good news did not end there. They are more coming in. I was offered as permanent staff (I am a one year contract staff for my current employer). OK, that’s another good news. Then come to the salary part. They are offering 35% higher than my current salary. This is totally unexpected. I was like “SERIOUS??!!” (in silent). Without any thought, I accepted their offer. Now, I am waiting for their offer letter. Once received, I’ll give one month notice to my current employer.

So, who is my current employer?
Well, I’ll reveal it once I joint them in November (insyaAllah).


Regards,
FZL

No comments:

Post a Comment